[R] dynamic loading error with Open Watcom object file

Bill Shipley bill.shipley at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Feb 2 16:11:31 CET 2007

Hello.  I am trying to use a FORTRAN subroutine from within R (Windows
version).  This fortran subroutine is compiled using the Open Watcom Fortran
compiler and the compiled object file is called ritscale.obj.  Following the
explanation on pages 193-194 of "The New S language" I use the dyn.load
command:

> dyn.load("f:/maxent/ritscale.obj")
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library 'f:/maxent/ritscale.obj':
  LoadLibrary failure:  %1 n'est pas une application Win32 valide.

The error message says:  LoadLibrary failure: %1 is not a valid Win32
application

I do not know what this means.  Can someone help?

Bill Shipley