[R] multinomial logistic regression with equality constraints?

Jasjeet Singh Sekhon sekhon at berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 3 21:22:16 CET 2007

Hi Roger,

Yes, multinomRob can handle equality constraints of this type---see
the 'equality' option.  But the function assumes that the outcomes are
multinomial counts and it estimates overdispersed multinomial logistic
models via MLE, a robust redescending-M estimator, and LQD which is
another high breakdown point estimator.  It would be a simple matter
to edit the 'multinomMLE' function to work without counts and to do
straight MNL instead, but right now it estimates an overdispersed MNL
model.

Cheers,
Jas.

Jasjeet S. Sekhon