[R] Problems installing R-2.4.1 on Solaris 11 x-86 from source: error in "gmake" after successful "configure"]

Octavio Tourinho octou at ipea.gov.br
Mon Feb 5 20:06:42 CET 2007

Dear friends,
I am trying to install R-2.4.1 from source on Solaris 11 x-86_64.
running on Sun Ultra-20 workstation, and using the SunStudio 11 compilers.

I was able to "configure" R correctly, but received an error in "make",
aparently related to bzip2 which I have been unable to debug.
The messages are listed below.
The configure.log and configure.site and teh terminal output with the
error message files are attached.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated, as I have exausted my debugging
resources.  I believe that there is a problem with the configure script
in dealing with my particular setup.

Octavio Tourinho