[R] Metapost device driver

Geoff Russell geoffrey.russell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 00:53:00 CET 2007

Hi All,

I've started work on a MetaPost device driver (please don't hold your
breath).

I've copied the XFig driver and renamed everything and this works, I can
open the new metapost() and it works exactly like the xfig
driver. Now all I have to do is the actual work!

Just one question. There is a magic number in ExtEntries as follows:

static const R_ExternalMethodDef ExtEntries[] = {
       EXTDEF(PicTeX, 6),
       EXTDEF(PostScript, 16),        EXTDEF(XFig, 11),
       EXTDEF(MetaPost, 12),    /* Is 12 is OK */
       EXTDEF(PDF, 13),

I just picked 12, is this Ok, or does it have some special significance?

Cheers,
Geoff Russell.