[R] Any Limitations for the dataframes?

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Wed Feb 7 17:37:27 CET 2007

Shubha Vishwanath Karanth <shubhak <at> ambaresearch.com> writes:

> Hi R,
>
> Are there any limitations on the capacity of the data to hold for R data
> frames or zoo objects? I mean to ask are there any restrictions on the
> number of rows or column in the R data frames or the zoo objects?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Shubha

  Pretty much only memory size (the number of elements in
a vector, which probably (?) translates to the number of rows,
is limited to 2^31-1, but if you really have more than
2 billion observations you'll probably run out of memory
first ...

?Memory
help("Memory-limits")

  If you give more specifics on the problem (approx.
number of observations and elements per observation, and
what you plan to try to do with them) you may get
more useful feedback about whether what you plan to
do is feasible and/or sensible.

  Ben Bolker