[R] path for source()

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:45:51 CET 2007

Here is the discussion about the function search.path()
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/34411.html
which searches the PATH variable for your script and returns the full path.

You also can put your script contents in functions, then create a package
and load it with library().
package.skeleton() can help you.

Anyway, source()'ing every time does not seem to be a good idea, because
every time you do this you obtain one more copy of your functions and
variables in the newly created workspace.
If you don't want to create a package, you can save your functions in a file
with the .Rdata extension and attach that file.

Try going here
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2004-July/thread.html and
searching "source()" in the page (i.e. in message headers). I believe,
discussions could provide you with several more good ideas.