[R] Re : Re: setting a number of values to NA over a data.frame.

Olivier ETERRADOSSI olivier.eterradossi at ema.fr
Thu Feb 8 13:21:47 CET 2007

Hi John,

Unless I miss a point, why dont you try something like :

# some fake data
 > fake<-as.data.frame(cbind(seq(1,10,by=1),c(rep(1,4),rep(0,4),rep(2,2))))
      V1 V2
 1    1    1
 2    2    1
 3    3    1
 4    4    1
 5    5    0
 6    6    0
 7    7    0
 8    8    0
 9    9    2
10   10    2

# change 0 by NA
 > fake[fake==0]<-NA  # or fake$V2[fake$V2==0]<-NA if you don't want all
0 in the dataframe to be changed to NA
# test
 > is.na(fake$V2)
[1] FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE FALSE FALSE

Sorry if I did not understand the issue. Hope this helps. Olivier

--
Olivier ETERRADOSSI
Maître-Assistant