[R] step in a model with strata

Pietro Bulian pbulian at cro.it
Fri Feb 9 10:16:39 CET 2007

Henric,
thank you very much, you guessed exactly what I want, excuse me for my poor
explanations.
I  tried step with scope argument and all went nice. Before my first posting
I read ?step, but I did not understand  the meaning and usage of "scope".
I said "manual step", but  indeed I did not use AIC(model1,model2) but
anova(model1,model2).
I  mail ordered F. Harrell book two weeks ago and today I just received my
copy.

Thank again

Pietro