[R] R in a production environment

Adrian Dragulescu adrian_d at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 11 04:08:32 CET 2007

Recently there have been a lot of discussions on the list on the use of R
in industry and comparisons with SAS & SPSS.  These are very important
questions and it might be worth having them all grouped together for
reference.  I would like to add to these topics a related one.

Can we share our experience of using R in a production environment?  I
work in a financial company that is cautiously interested in using R in a
production environment.  I'm trying to convince them that R is serious
software, modern and powerful.  Their first question is who else out
there is using R.  I can guess from some contributed packages, or from
the list postings, but it would be great if there would be a centralized
place.  We could have a standard set of questions and a contact
person (maybe on the wiki site?)

What do you think?  I believe it could create a snowball effect to
increase the visibility and use of R beyond academia and personal use.

Thanks,
Adrian