[R] merge words=data name

Mark W Kimpel mwkimpel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 02:57:08 CET 2007

Duncan,

Both yours and Gabor's methods were far superior to mine. I am curious
why you like Gabor's better than yours. From the perspective of someone
who uses R regularly but has only read about C, yours seems more
"R-like". Would Gabor's be more computationally efficient if the loop
was big enough?

I ask this because it made me ask myself, "are the C-like functions of R
'better' (computationally) than the more R-like ones?"

Am I making sense?

Mark

Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 2/11/2007 4:17 PM, Robert McFadden wrote:

Mark W. Kimpel MD
Neuroinformatics
Department of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine