[R] How to get the polynomials out of poly()

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 12 11:22:42 CET 2007

plot(raw=TRUE) does this for you: there is little point in fitting by
orthogonal polynomials and then converting back.

As the help page says quite explicitly, poly() does not store the
orthogonal polynomials: please also consult the reference it gives.  It
also points out that predict() creates them.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk