[R] make check failure, internet.Rout.fail, Error in strsplit

Paul Lynch plynchnlm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 21:44:18 CET 2007

I just happen to also have a MacOS 10.4 machine, but when I tried from
there, I still got "Content-length".  Anyway, I am fairly certain that
headers received from web servers would not be modified by the
receiving machine or anything in-between.  I suspect that the machine
at www.stats.ox.ac.uk, even though we see it as the same IP, must be
doing some sort of load balancing, probably on the basis of our IP
addresses, and sending our requests to different servers.

If this is correct, then it would seem that the test code for this
part of the "make test" should be modified to do the grep in a
case-insensitive way, or at the very least to support
"Content-length."  I guess the next thing to do would be to submit a
bug report.

Thanks a lot for helping me look into this problem,
       --Paul