[R] Multidimensional Integration over arbitrary sets

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Tue Feb 13 21:56:51 CET 2007

Hi,

By defining your function appropriately (e.g. using indicator functions),
you can make "adapt" work:

myfunc <- function(x) {
x[1]*x[2] * (x[1] >= x[2])
}
# Exact answer is 1/8

> library(adapt)
> adapt(2, lo=c(0,0), up=c(1,1), functn=myfunc)
      value      relerr      minpts      lenwrk       ifail
  0.1250612 0.009995054        5907        1123           0

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu