[R] simpleR or usingR package by Verzani

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Thu Feb 15 15:12:49 CET 2007

I think the name of what you want is simple.freqpoly()
Try:
library(UsingR)
?simple.freqpoly

HTH,
Rob Baer

I am a new R user and so I thought I could start with "Using R for
Introductory statistics" by Verzani.
In order to use some of the functions and datasets I have to install the
simpleR package which is is now inside the UsingR package. I did so
using
>install.packages("UsingR"). However, the functions such as
"simple.freqpoly.R" do not work.
I also tried to install the Simple_0.4.zip available by the author, but
I get the following message:

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: error 1 in extracting from zip file
2: cannot open compressed file 'Simple/DESCRIPTION'

I should also note that I use windows XP and the latest R version.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Danmarks Fiskeriundersøgelser er den 1.1.07 fusioneret med Danmarks Tekniske
Universitet (DTU), Forskningscenter Risø, Danmarks Fødevareforskning,
Danmarks Rumcenter og Danmarks Transportforskning. DTU er den fortsættende
enhed. Læs mere om fusionen på www.detnyedtu.dk

As of 1 January 2007 The Danish Institute for Fisheries Research has merged
with the Technical University of Denmark, Risø National Laboratory, the
Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, the Danish National Space
Centre and the Danish Transport Research Institute. The Technical University
of Denmark (DTU) is the continuing unit. More information on
www.detnyedtu.dk

[[alternative HTML version deleted]]