[R] R book advice

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:10:05 CET 2007

Dear Paul,

You might want to add Everitt & Hothorn's  "A Handbook of Statistical
Analyses Using R". If I had to recommend just one book it'd be this
one.

My own (i.e., highly subjective) suggestion, if you can afford two
books, would be to first go through Dalgaard's and then through
Everitt & Hothorn's.

I do not have a direct experience with Verzani's, but I've heard great
things about it. I think a pdf of a preliminary version is available
from the R page. Regarding Crawley's ... well, I find some/many of his
comments and suggestions unorthodox (my experience is with his
"Statistical Computing: An Introduction to Data Analysis using
S-Plus", a book I would not recommend to a novice).

HTH,

R.