[R] Ubuntu Linux and X11

Oleg Sklyar osklyar at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Feb 17 15:29:11 CET 2007

> Good point.  But on my systems , the upgrade only affected Emacs which
> 'looked ugly' but still worked.  In other words, nothing "failed" after the
After I updated to Edgy 'convert' of ImageMagick stopped working as well
as its 'display' API command and also nedit stopped functioning -- all
because of X11 fonts. And in fact, I now recall that I had for while no
test in my R plots, I thought some R options were set wrongly. But
correcting the paths in xorg.conf solved all these issues.

Oleg

--
Dr Oleg Sklyar | EBI-EMBL, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK | +44-1223-494466