[R] Data frame: how to create list of row max?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Mon Feb 19 11:43:57 CET 2007

Dear all,

Can anyone please shed some light onto how to do this?

This will give me all "intensity" columsn in my data frame:
intensityindeces <- grep("^Intensity",names(dataframe),value=TRUE)

This will give me the maximum intensity for the first row:
intensityone <- max(dataframe[1,intensityindeces])

What I'm now looking for is how to dfo this for the whole data frame. Should
yield a list of maximum intensities of all rows.
Can't figure it out ... please nudge me where I need to go.

Thanks, Joh