[R] categorical column to numeric column

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Mon Feb 19 15:09:31 CET 2007

Maybe this isn't the most elegant way, but it should work.
dd$g <- -1
dd$g[dd$aa == "a"] <- 1

Cheers,

Thierry
----

ir. Thierry Onkelinx

Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Reseach Institute for Nature
and Forest

Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance

Gaverstraat 4

9500 Geraardsbergen

Belgium

tel. + 32 54/436 185

Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be

www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt

A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney