[R] interaction term and scatterplot3d

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Tue Feb 20 09:34:45 CET 2007

Dear Listers,

I would be interested in representing a trend surface including an
interaction term z = f(x,y,x.y) - eg the type of chart obtained with
persp() or wireframe(), then adding datapoints as a cloud, ideally with
dots which are under the surface in a color, and those who are above in
another color. An other option would be to draw segments between the
dots and the ground of the chart.

scatterplot3d looks like being close to do such things except it does
not to include (to my knowledge) a coefficient for the interaction term
(thus just model z = f(x,y).

Does anybody has an idea where to start with this and the main steps? Or
a place/website where some script examples can be found?

Patrick