[R] memory management uestion [Broadcast]

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue Feb 20 14:30:43 CET 2007

I don't see why making copies of the columns you need inside the loop is
"better" memory management.  If the data are in a matrix, accessing
elements is quite fast.  If you're worrying about speed of that, do what
Charles suggest: work with the transpose so that you are accessing
elements in the same column in each iteration of the loop.

Andy

From: Federico Calboli