[R] simple question on one-sided p-values for coef() on output of lm()

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Wed Feb 21 20:44:27 CET 2007

Dear list,

I was wondering if it is possible to get the p-values for one-sided tests on the parameters of a linear regression.

For instance, I use lm() and store the result in an object. lm() gives me a matrix, using summary() and coef() on which gives me a matrix containing the coefficients, the standard errors, the t-statistics and the two-sided p-values by default. Can I get it to provide me with one-sided p-values (something like alternative less than or greater than)?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan