[R] [MacOSX] Screencast for R and Sweave on TextMate

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Feb 22 06:07:52 CET 2007

This will likely be of interest only (if at all) to MacOSX users. I
use a particular editor called TextMate which I find particularly
suitable for pretty much any task I have to do, from Ruby to LaTeX to
R. Its R support is probably not quite up to par with ESS yet, but it
is at a decent state I would say.

Anyway the reason of the message is that I have prepared a small
screencast showing how R and Sweave look and feel like in TextMate,
prompted by a thread in the MacOSX TeX mailing list. I thought it
might be of interest to some people here also, so here is the link:

http://skiadas.dcostanet.net/afterthought/2007/02/21/r-and-sweave-in-
textmate/

It's not much, and the sound is not all that great, but it mostly
shows how things feel like.

Hoping this is not too off topic...

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College

PS: Yes, it is not a free product, though it is the best money I have
ever spent. No, I am not the developer, and do not profit from it.
But I am actively involved in its support for LaTeX, R and Sweave.