[R] R CMD CHECK question

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Thu Feb 22 16:16:21 CET 2007

hi,

I have two private packages, the first (`pkc') depending on the second one
(`roiutils'). The source code and DESCRIPTION files describes the dependency
as it should be ('Imports', `require'), at least I think so.

now, running

R CMD CHECK pkc

yields the following output in which I have inserted my
questions (lines starting with -->):

* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory '/Users/vdh/rfiles/Rlibrary/.check/pkc.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)
* checking for file 'pkc/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'pkc' version '1.1'
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking whether package 'pkc' can be installed ... WARNING
Found the following significant warnings:
       missing link(s):  readroi readroi readroi figure readroi conv3exmodel readroi
       missing link(s):  figure readroi

--> there _are_ links to the mentioned functions (from `roiutils') in the
--> manpages of `pkc'. after installing the libs, the help system works just
--> fine. why is it, that CHECK is complaining? can one selectively switch of
--> this warning? or how have I to specify the links to tell CHECK that
--> everything is OK?

* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the name space can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... OK
* checking Rd files ... WARNING
Rd files with unknown sections:
  /Users/vdh/rfiles/Rlibrary/pkc/man/fitdemo.Rd: example

See the chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in manual 'Writing R
Extensions'.
* checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
Missing link(s) in documentation object 'compfit.Rd':
  readroi readroi readroi figure readroi conv3exmodel readroi

Missing link(s) in documentation object 'exp3fit.Rd':
  figure readroi

--> this seems the same problem as above, right?

any hints appreciated,

joerg