[R] R equivalent of the VAR function in S+Finmetrics

Leeds, Mark (IED) Mark.Leeds at morganstanley.com
Thu Feb 22 22:07:05 CET 2007

I was looking at the systemfit package and it seems like I could use it
to solve OLS systems (
which is essentially what VARs are ) but the lag length would have to be
known beforehand, I think. Does anyone know
if there is an equivalent of the VAR function in Eric Zivot's
S+Finmetrics package where the lag length can be selected based on
some kind of criterion such as BIC for example. Thanks for any
idea/suggestions.