[R] question about boxplot

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Thu Feb 22 22:51:47 CET 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Smith, Phil ((CDC/CCID/NCIRD)) wrote:

> boxplot( p.prop ~ R  + bins )
>
> This command makes nice boxplot for the factor "R" crossed with the
> factor "bins".
>
> I am having alot of trouble getting control of the labels on the X
> axis. I want to control it more by specifying what the labels are,
> controling the 'size' of those labels (by using cex), and then
> control the rotation of the character strings of those labels (by
> using srt or crt).
>
> There is a "names" argument to boxplot, but I haven't had much luck
> controlling what it prints, the size of the font, and the character
> rotation.

Would you consider an easy way out---an alternative with reasonable
defaults?

data(ToothGrowth)
bwplot(dose ~ len | supp, ToothGrowth)
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/