[R] R Mailing list in Cape Town - South Africa

Rainer M. Krug Rainer.Krug at uct.ac.za
Fri Feb 23 15:48:08 CET 2007

Hi

I hope that I don't break any rules -

I just want to announce that we started a mailing list for R in Cape
Town. The address is:

The basic idea of the mailing list is to bring R users in the region
around Cape Town and in South Africa closer together and probably
arrange informal gettogethers.

We also try to provide a forum to discuss issues concerning R in Biology
and distribute announcements of R courses and similar events in the Cape
Town area.

We definitely do not want to establish an alternative forum to the
official R lists and do not want to draw subscribers away from them - it
is a huge advantage that one large list provides the main forum to get help.

I hope that the new mailing list will be a useful medium to spread the
word and information about R in South Africa,

Rainer

Rainer.Krug at uct.ac.za
Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Leslie Hill Institute for Plant Conservation
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701
South Africa