[R] Woolf's test, Odds ratio, stratification

francogrex francogrex at mail.com
Sat Feb 24 19:30:46 CET 2007

Just a general question concerning the woolf test (package vcd), when we have
stratified data (2x2 tables) and  when the p.value of the woolf-test is
below 0.05 then we assume that there is a heterogeneity and a common odds
ratio cannot be computed?
Does this mean that we have to try to add more stratification variables
(stratify more) to make the woolf-test p.value insignificant?
Also in the same package there is an oddsratio function that seems to be
calculating the odds ratio even when the values are non-integers and even
when one cell has a null value (in contrast to the mantel_hanszel or the
fisher exact test that do not admit zero values or non-integers) does anyone
know what's the difference and how to optain a p.value on that odds ratio?
Thanks