[R] Combining Dataframes

Andy Fugard a.fugard at ed.ac.uk
Sun Feb 25 19:35:50 CET 2007

Would need more info.  Merge could still do the job; you might just
have to call it approx a dozen - 1 times!

Andy

On 25 Feb 2007, at 16:27, Bert Jacobs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the best way to combine several dataframes (approx a dozen,
> all
> having one column) into one? All dataframes have a different
> rowlength, and
> do not contain numbers.
> As this new dataframe should have the length of the dataframe with
> the most
> rows, the difference in rows with the other dataframes can be
> filled with
> the value NA.
>
> I've tried merge (only possible with 2 df) and cbind (gives error)
>
> Thx for helping me out.

Andy Fugard, Postgraduate Research Student
Psychology (Room F15), The University of Edinburgh,
   7 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, UK
Mobile: +44 (0)78 123 87190   http://www.possibly.me.uk