[R] If you had just one book on R to buy...

Julien Barnier julien at no-log.org
Sun Feb 25 20:51:19 CET 2007

Hi,

I am starting a new job as a study analyst for a social science
research unit. I would really like to use R as my main tool for data
manipulation and analysis. So I'd like to ask you, if you had just one
book on R to buy (or to keep), which one would it be ? I already
bought the Handbook of Statistical Analysis Using R, but I'd like to
have something more complete, both on the statistical point of view
and on R usage.

I thought that "Modern applied statistics with S-Plus" would be a good
choice, but maybe some of you could have interesting suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Julien