[R] fitting of all possible models

Indermaur Lukas Lukas.Indermaur at eawag.ch
Tue Feb 27 08:46:08 CET 2007

Hi,
Fitting all possible models (GLM) with 10 predictors will result in loads of (2^10 - 1) models. I want to do that in order to get the importance of variables (having an unbalanced variable design) by summing the up the AIC-weights of models including the same variable, for every variable separately. It's time consuming and annoying to define all possible models by hand.

Is there a command, or easy solution to let R define the set of all possible models itself? I defined models in the following way to process them with a batch job:

# e.g. model 1
preference<- formula(Y~Lwd + N + Sex + YY)
# e.g. model 2
preference_heterogeneity<- formula(Y~Ri + Lwd + N + Sex + YY)
etc.
etc.

I appreciate any hint
Cheers
Lukas

°°°
Lukas Indermaur, PhD student
eawag / Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology
ECO - Department of Aquatic Ecology
Überlandstrasse 133
CH-8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland