[R] Lattice / Trellis analog of axis(graphics) ?

Derek Eder derek.eder at lungall.gu.se
Wed Jan 3 12:16:12 CET 2007

My question is so basic that I am (almost too) embarrassed to admit that
I could not find an answer after an hour's worth of homework.

What is the Trellis / Lattice analog for the axis(graphics) function
that enables the creation of axes in locations other than the default
(i.e., bottom for X axis and right for Y axis) ?

For example when plotting mileage against weight (in American units),
one might want to also include a second X axis on the top margin (e.g.,
axis() pos = 3) with fuel mileage in metric units.

xyplot(Mileage ˜ Weight, data = fuel.frame)

Thank you,

humbly yours,

Derek Eder

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch i386
os mingw32
system i386, mingw32
status
major 2
minor 4.0
year 2006
month 10
day 03
svn rev 39566
language R
version.string R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)

--
Derek N. Eder

Gothenburg University
VINKLA - Vigilance and Neurocognition laboratory

SU/Sahlgrenska
Utvecklingslab 1, Med
Gröna stråket 8
SE 413 45 Göteborg (Gothenburg)
Sverige (Sweden)

+46 (031)* 342 8261 (28261 inom Sahlgrenska)
+46 0704 915 714 (mobile)
+46 (031) 25 97 07 (home)

* omit the 0 when calling from outside Sweden