[R] SQLite: When reading a table, a "\r" is padded onto the last column. Why?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Jan 3 17:43:21 CET 2007

Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:
> [I am not sure who is actually maintaining RSQLite, so am Cc: both the
> stated maintainer and the person who prepared the package for
> distribution. The posting guide asked you to contact the maintainer:
> what response did _you_ get?]

For the record, I will be (have been) taking on the maintainer role
for RSQLite.  The Maintainer field will be updated in the next
version.

As to the '\r' problem, a release candidate RSQLite 0.4-17 is
available here:

    http://bioconductor.org/packages/misc/

This version uses prepared queries to implement dbWriteTable.  This
should resolve the '\r' issue on Windows and should also be
considerably more efficient.  Soren, can you give this one a try and
let me know if it works for you?

Recent work on RSQLite has focused on integrating SQLite3's type
system into the interface.  We now rely on the column type in the DB
when retrieving results.  Previously, type.convert was used.  I'm
fairly certain these changes will result in changes in behavior -- in
most cases, I think the changes are for the better.

+ seth