[R] Help re zinb model

blomsp at ozemail.com.au blomsp at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 4 07:13:51 CET 2007

Remember that -2 * the difference in the likelihoods between the two models is
asymptotically chi-squared distributed, with degrees of freedom equal to the
difference in number of parameters between the models. So you can just
calculate that for your preferred and null models, then use the pchisq function
to test significance. Get the likelihoods from obj$maxlike.

HTH,

Simon.

Philippe Lacherez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am hoping someone can help with a problem I have. I want to do a
> zero-inflated negative binomial model on some count data.  I have found
> how to get the model (using zicounts), and the test of each predictor on
> both the negative binomial and zero-inflated parts of the distribution.
> Can anyone tell me how I can also get an omnibus test of significance for
> the fit of the model?  Stata I think gives a likelihood ratio chi-square
> test of the full versus null model for the zinb model.  Is there a way to
> get this in R?  Alternatively, is there a way I use the deviance, or
> maximum likelihood value to derive this?
>
> Cheers
> Philippe Lacherez

Simon Blomberg, B.Sc.(Hons.), Ph.D, M.App.Stat.
Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200
Australia
T: +61 2 6125 7800 email: Simon.Blomberg_at_anu.edu.au
F: +61 2 6125 0757
CRICOS Provider # 00120C

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer
can be extracted from a given body of data.
- John Tukey.