[R] pretended size postscript and size of the graphic device window

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Jan 4 14:31:44 CET 2007

On 1/4/2007 6:21 AM, mirca heli wrote:
> Dear list members!
>
> I've two questions concerning graphic export:
>
> a) I want to export my graphics as PostScript files. in this way I use the postscript() function. The tricky part is that they must have a pretended size (7 x 7 cm) and an absoulte font size (10pt).

> b) how can i (permanent) change the size of the graphic device window?

Most of the graphics device functions take args to set their size.  You
can create your own function and use it instead of the standard one,
with different defaults:  e.g.

mywin <- function() windows(2,2)
options(device="mywin")

Now I'll get really tiny windows.  You can put these lines in your
.Rprofile (see ?Startup) if you want them to happen in all sessions.

Duncan Murdoch