[R] Fast Removing Duplicates from Every Column

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Jan 5 11:51:14 CET 2007

Hi

I am not sure if I understand how do you want to select unique items.

with
 sapply(DF, function(x) !duplicated(x))
you can get data frame with TRUE when an item in particular column is
unique and FALSE in opposite. However then you need to choose which
rows to keep or discard

e.g.

DF[rowSums(sapply(comp, function(x) !duplicated(x)))>1,]

selects all rows in which are 2 or more unique values.

HTH
Petr