[R] Bootstrapping Confidence Intervals for Medians

gilbertg at musc.edu gilbertg at musc.edu
Sat Jan 6 06:19:10 CET 2007

I apologize for this post. I am new to R (two days) and I have tried and tried
to calculated confidence intervals for medians. Can someone help me?

Here is my data:

institution1
0.21
0.16
0.32
0.69
1.15
0.9
0.87
0.87
0.73

The first four observations compose group 1 and observations 5 through 9 compose
group 2. I would like to create a bootstrapped 90% confidence interval on the
difference of the medians (n2-n1). I have successfully calculated a permutation
test.

This shouldn't be as difficult as I am making it, would someone please enlighten
me?

Please reply to gilbertg at musc.edu as I have not subscribed to this list yet.

TIA,

Greg Gilbert, Faculty Research Associate
Department of Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, & Epidemiology
Medical University of South Carolina