[R] Using JRI Calling R function from Java

freezemanx freezeman06 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 03:59:43 CET 2007

Hey guys.

I have Installed and running JRI from Java
and it works. Using : java -cp jri.jar; MainApp.java

The problem is How do I calling R function that need R library
I have tried these with my Java program :
               x =  re.eval("glm( y ~ x1 + x2, family = poisson)");
               String resultString = x.asString();
but it did'n't work, resultString variable did't give any result it's null

questions :
Is there any other way to call this R function from Java using JRI?

and  I have heard omegahat package can be use to calling R function
are there any links, examples , tutorials for using omegahat?

Thanks