[R] scripts with littler

John Lawrence Aspden news at aspden.com
Mon Jan 8 12:25:41 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to write R scripts using littler (under Debian), and was
originally using the shebang line:

#!/usr/bin/env r

However this picks up any .RData file that happens to be lying around, which
I find a little disturbing, because it means that the script may not behave
the same way on successive invocations.

If you drop the /usr/bin/env trick then

#!/usr/bin/r --vanilla

seems to work, but it also prevents the loading of the libraries in my home
directory, some of which I'd like to use.

#!/usr/bin/r --no-restore

doesn't work at all.

Ideally I'd like #!/usr/bin/env r --no-restore

Has anyone else been round this loop and can offer advice?

Cheers, John.

--
Contractor in Cambridge UK -- http://www.aspden.com