[R] Speeding things up

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 8 12:27:18 CET 2007

First, since you only update the 'ddtd' conditioned on 'value', you
should be able to vectorize removing the loop.  I let you figure out
how to do that yourself.

Second, you apply the "$" operator multiple times in the loop that
will definitely add some overhead.  It should be faster to extract
'value' and 'ddtd' and work with those instead.

/Henrik