[R] scripts with littler / subroutines

John Lawrence Aspden news at aspden.com
Mon Jan 8 16:02:27 CET 2007

François Pinard wrote:

> [John Lawrence Aspden]
>
>>Another difficulty I'm having is creating a common function (foo, say) to
>>share between two scripts.
>
> In your previous message, you were telling us that you want to load from
> your home directory.  You might put the common functions there, maybe?

I am doing at the moment, and using source to load them in. I'm worried
about what happens when I come to distribute the code though.

After a couple of e-mails off-list (thanks Dirk!) it sounds as though the
solution is to create a library for R with the common subroutines in, and
then load that from the scripts.

Cheers, John.

--
Contractor in Cambridge UK -- http://www.aspden.com