[R] odfWeave and figures in MS Word Format

Kuhn, Max Max.Kuhn at pfizer.com
Tue Jan 9 16:39:27 CET 2007

Laurent,

Since you question was not about odfWeave (despite the message title),
it would have been better to send this question to an OpenOffice mailing
list.

That said, I think that the issues was your workflow (odt -> html ->
doc). HTML is plain text, so when you saved the file in that format the
image files are saved separately. Links are creating in the html file to
the image files. When you converted the html to Word format, the images
are still linked (not embedded into the Word document). When you move
the word file to a different location, the links are broken and you
won't be able to see the images. Rtf worked because the images are
embedded into the rtf file. odt -> doc works just fine with images, so
that would be a better idea.

Max