[R] How to use Rattle for Data mining through R?

Graham Williams Graham.Williams at togaware.com
Tue Jan 9 20:51:30 CET 2007

Received Tue 09 Jan 2007 12:36pm +1100 from Bhanu Kalyan.K:
> Dear Mr. Bengtsson,
>
> Now i am able to work with R-Matlab interface comfortably. Thanks to you. Recently, I came to know that R can be used for data mining as well. I went through the following site for this :
>
> http://rattle.togaware.com/
>
> As they have suggested, I have also installed the two packages:
>
> > install.packages("RGtk2")
> >     install.packages("rattle")
>
> Now, can you explain how to work on this?
> Can this be used to implement the clustering algorithms? If yes, Kindly elaborate.

A patchy (but regularly updated) user guide is under development and
freely available as HTML from:

  http://datamining.togaware.com/

(follow the links provided from rattle.togaware.com)

In particular the starting point it:

  http://datamining.togaware.com/survivor/Data_Mining.html

There is a cluster tab under the Unsupervised paradigm, but not
documented yet.

I noticed some formatting problems with the HTML. Currently being fixed.

Regards,
Graham