[R] R editor vs. Tinn-R

Martin Becker martin.becker at mx.uni-saarland.de
Fri Jan 12 19:11:42 CET 2007

Zitat von Farrel Buchinsky <fjbuch at gmail.com>:

> The only button I pressed was the "send line" button in version 1.19.1.5. I
> changed my command to
>
> prelim<-read.delim(source("clipboard"))

The problem is not using the wrong R-command, but using a (Tinn-R)
button that leads to a replacement of the current (windows) clipboard...

> and still got the same problem.
> I do not know how to use the source versions of the buttons. Can you please
> tell me more?

There are three button groups on the left of the "Send line" button,
containing two buttons each. The left button of each of these three
button groups has the same name as the right button of each group,
apart from having a "(source)" suffix. Now it should be obvious what
was meant with '"(source)"-version of buttons'. There is no such
version for the "Send line" button, so you have to select the
corresponding line and use the "Send selection (source)" button, e.g.

> Thanks
>
> Farrel

Regards,
   Martin