[R] R editor vs. Tinn-R

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Fri Jan 12 21:06:42 CET 2007

Instead of discussing this odd behaviour of TINN-R, I would prefer a discussion on importing data through the clipboard. In my opinion it isn't a good a idea to import data with the clipboard. I know that it's a quick and dirty way to get your data fast into R.
But I see two major drawbacks. First of all you have no chance of checking what data you imported. This is important when you need to check your results a few days (weeks, months or even years) later. A second drawback is that you won't feel the need to store your data in an orderly fashion. Which often leads to a huge pile of junk, instead of a valuable dataset...

Cheers,

Thierry