[R] Appropriate test for correlation of two discretely distributed variables

René Cyranek rcyranek at smail.uni-koeln.de
Fri Jan 12 23:16:16 CET 2007

Good evening!

I am looking for the right test to analyze my data. I have got more than
3,500 observations which have two dimensions: Age (in integers and ranging
from 14 to 70) and another parameter (also integers and ranging from 0 to

What I want to test is, whether there is some correlation between these two
dimensions. But unfortunately I have no idea, which test to choose. Is there
a test, I can use for this?

Thanks and kind regards,

More information about the R-help mailing list