[R] package 'rimage' install error on FreeBSD

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sat Jan 13 14:32:47 CET 2007

After not reaching the package maintainer (takashina at computer.org) I
hope someone on R-help@ can help.

I tried to install rimage_0.5-7.tar.gz under FreeBSD-7.0 CURRENT as root
with the following command:

    R CMD INSTALL rimage_0.5-7.tar.gz

It stops with the following errors in the configure script:

    [...snip...]
    checking fftw.h usability... no
    checking fftw.h presence... no
    checking for fftw.h... no
    [...snip...]

On my system this header file is located under

    /usr/local/include/fftw.h

Different FreeBSD packages need different versions of fftw, so I have
three versions installed:

    fftw-2.1.5_4
    fftw3-3.1.2
    fftw3-float-3.1.2

Is it possible that this is the reason for not finding the header?

The installation works well, when giving configure-args with the paths:

R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="--with-fftw-include=/usr/local/include/
--with-jpeg-include=/usr/local/include/" rimage_0.5-7.tar.gz

Anyone else having this problem on FreeBSD?

Many thanks in advance,

Rainer Hurling