[R] changes in the structure of mer objects?

joris.dewolf at cropdesign.com joris.dewolf at cropdesign.com
Sun Jan 14 19:15:43 CET 2007

Dear all,

I try to run the example of lmer and get the following error message.

> library(lme4)
> example(lmer)
lmer> (fm1 <- lmer(Reaction ~ Days + (Days | Subject), sleepstudy))
[[1]]
Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) : variable "as.dpoMatrix" was not
found

This error message is similar to what I get with other models. It looks
like the mer class has a slightly different structure. Anybody an idea how
to solve this?

I am using R 2.4.1 under linux and the latest releases of lme4 and Matrix

lme4_0.9975-10
Matrix_0.9975-8

> version
               _
platform       x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
arch           x86_64
os             linux-gnu
system         x86_64, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          4.1
year           2006
month          12
day            18
svn rev        40228
language       R
version.string R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)

Thanks

Joris De Wolf
Phone: +32 9 2429155, E-Mail: joris.dewolf at cropdesign.com
Postal Address: CropDesign N.V. Technologiepark 3, 9052 Gent Belgium