[R] R on Windows Vista

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Jan 16 15:45:57 CET 2007

On 1/16/2007 9:35 AM, Sicotte, Hugues Ph.D. wrote:
> Did anyone try to run R under Window Vista, especially Windows Vista
> 64bit?

I know someone who has (but I don't know if it was 32 bit or 64 bit).
He had a little trouble installing, because Vista tightens security
slightly:  you need to run the installer with higher than default
permissions.

Whichever version of Vista you run, R will be 32 bit for some time to
come:  we don't have a 64 bit toolchain available yet, or a volunteer to
do the builds.  (I'm unlikely to be upgrading to 64 bit Windows in the
foreseeable future.)

Duncan Murdoch