[R] number of Nodes in Random Forest

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 19:00:44 CET 2007

Hi, Goncalo:

did u use compounds as features when building rf? If so, some
compounds are NOT randomly selected in splitting nodes, which might
explain what you observed. But you need to provide more info for us to
help you, like those parameters you used to build rf.

You can use varImpPlot to see what exactly compounds were used by
setting n.var (see ?varImpPlot) or you can use
nrow(YourTrainingX$importance) to get that number too.

HTH,

w.