[R] The math underlying the `betareg' package?

Ajay Narottam Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Thu Jan 18 15:30:55 CET 2007

Folks,

The betareg package appears to be polished and works well. But I would
like to look at the exact formulas for the underlying model being
estimated, the likelihood function, etc. E.g. if one has to compute
\frac{\partial E(y)}{\partial x_i}, this requires careful calculations
through these formulas. I read "Regression analysis of variates
observed on (0,1): percentages, proportions and fractions", by
Kieschnick & MucCullogh, `Statistical Modelling" 2003, 3:193-213. They
say that the beta regression that they show is a proposal of theirs -
is this the same as what betareg does, or is this the Standard
Formulation?

What else should I be reading about beta regressions? :-)

--
Ajay Shah                                      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah
ajayshah at mayin.org                             http://ajayshahblog.blogspot.com